Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Twitter



Confession: I tweet, I twitpic, & I retweet. I am a daily twitter user and I love it. Although I don't have that many followers and my tweets are probably not at all interesting to strangers, I love being a part of the twitter community. It really is one of the quickest ways to send and receive information, and often that info. comes direct from the source. For example, last week Kanye West decided to go on a long tweet-rant about his "Today Show" interview with Matt Lauer. I was able to read his thoughts the second he wrote them, as opposed to reading a paraphrased version on a blog the next day, or a watered-down account of the events from his rep. This may be a fairly superficial example, but it still illustrates how twitter makes people feel more involved and connected to social happenings. It is a fascinating media and I can't wait to see how it will be used in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment