Monday, November 29, 2010

Tiffany & Co ads

I read a lot of magazines, and I always pay attention to the advertisements in them. This is mostly because they are fashion ads, and aesthetically pleasing, but they also do a good job of communicating the attitude and image of brand in an industry where there are many copy-cats. Recently I have noticed a change in Tiffany & Co's ad campaigns. Their ads have always caught my eye because of the gorgeous jewelry featured in them, but I have started to notice that the ads have become less focused on selling products, and more focused on selling the Tiffany "experience." If you compare the two ads below you can see a distinct difference. The first is clearly showcasing their product offerings, and the second is more about selling a lifestyle associated with Tiffany & Co.





It is very interesting when you compare the two because the message given to the consumer is much different. I think Tiffany is smart to move towards ads that create a sort of fantasy around the brand. It draws people in and communicates to them that if they purchase Tiffany jewelry they can have a piece of that lifestyle. And although this type of advertising is a little misleading, I think it is a smart change.

No comments:

Post a Comment